Breaking News: 2012 Winter Classic Alumni Rosters Announced

During today's Montreal Canadiens and Philadelphia Flyers pre-game, the rosters for the 2012 Alumni Game were announced. Mark Messier was left off the Rangers roster due to upcoming shoulder surgery in December. The captain still hopes to play in the alumni game.

Here are your 2012 Winter Classic Alumni game rosters, for both the Philadelphia Flyers and the New York Rangers

Rangers:

  • Goalies:
  • Dan Blackburn, John Vanbiesbrouck
  • Defensemen:
  • Ron Greschner, Darius Kasparaitis, Tom Laidlaw, Brian Leetch, Dave Maloney, Dale Purinton, Mathieu Schneider
  • Forwards:
  • Glenn Anderson, Paul Broten, Ron Duguay, Nick Fotiu, Mike Gartner, Adam Graves, Pat Hickey, Kris King, Nick Kypreos, Darren Langdon, Stephane Matteau, Brian Mullen, Darren Turcotte
  • Coaches:
  • Mike Keenan, Emile Francis, Colin Campbell
  • Ambassadors:
  • Rod Gilbert, Ed Giacomin, Harry Howell

Follow after the jump for the official press release and the Flyers Alumni roster.

Flyers:

  • Goalies:
  • Neil Little, Mark LaForest
  • Defensemen:
  • Chris Therien, Derian Hatcher, Kjell Samuelsson, Larry Goodenough, Eric Desjardins, Terry Carkner, Joe Watson, Brad Marsh, Mark Howe.
  • Forwards:
  • John LeClair, Jeremy Roenick, Eric Lindros, Mark Recchi, Bobby Clarke, Shjon Podein, Jim Dowd, Orest Kindrachuk, Bob Kelly, Reggie Leach, Bill Barber, Ken Linesman, Brian Propp, Al Hill
  • Coaches:
  • Patt Quinn, Keith Primeau, Mike Nykoluk

Press release:

RANGERS ROSTER SET FOR 2012 WINTER CLASSIC ALUMNI GAME AGAINST PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

New York, November 25, 2011 – The New York Rangers announced today their roster for the Rangers-Flyers alumni game on Saturday, December 31 at 1:00 p.m. at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as part of the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic.

The game will feature the return to the ice of Rangers greats Brian Leetch and Adam Graves.  Joining Leetch and Graves are Hockey Hall of Famers Glenn Anderson and Mike Gartner, in addition to goaltenders John Vanbiesbrouck and Dan Blackburn, defensemen Dave Maloney, Ron Greschner, Tom Laidlaw, Dale Purinton, Darius Kasparaitis and Mathieu Schneider, and forwards Darren Langdon, Stephane Matteau, Nick Kypreos, Darren Turcotte, Kris King, Brian Mullen, Paul Broten, Ron Duguay, Nick Fotiu and Pat Hickey.  Coaches will be Mike Keenan, Emile Francis and Colin Campbell.  The Rangers Off-Ice Ambassadors will include Rod Gilbert, Ed Giacomin and Harry Howell.

Beginning at 4:00 p.m. on Monday, November 28, following the unveiling of the Rangers jersey for the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® on blueshirtsunited.com, fans will have the chance to vote for the starting lineup for the Rangers Alumni team who will be playing in the 2012 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic® Alumni Game.  By casting a vote for their favorite former Rangers, fans will automatically be entered to win a host of prizes including Winter Classic jerseys and tickets to the Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic and the Outdoor Alumni Game.

Fans will be able to participate in a live in-game chat during the alumni game on blueshirtsunited.com, as well as follow real-time game coverage via @thenyrangers on Twitter.