Blueshirt Banter's New York Rangers Highlight Of The Week

There were plenty of plays to choose from once again, but Carl Hagelin's first career NHL goal against the Philadelphia Flyers stood out the most. (Click into the story for the full view of the video).

There were a few reasons why I selected the clip for this week. First off, the poise and patience of Hagelin to locate the puck in the air and swing at it when the time was right. Second, it gave the Rangers a much needed two goal lead against the Flyers, and secured the win. Third, Hagelin realized the Flyers defensemen were anticipating a pass, so he slipped in front of the net, which led to the eventual goal.

Carl Hagelin has been playing some great hockey since being called up from Connecticut. He now has two points (goal and an assist) in each of his two games. Not to mention, his speed is just unbelievable, which was also a key factor leading to his goal.

Below the jump are the previous winners.

Week 3: Dan Girardi scores off of a brilliant no-look, tape-to-tape pass from Brad Richards to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead over the Carolina Hurricanes.

Week 2: Brad Richards' pass to Marian Gaborik springs the sniper loose for the tying goal in an eventual loss to the New York Islanders.

Week 1: Brad Richards goes top shelf against the Anaheim Ducks to give the Rangers a late equalizer in the third period.