Bruce Boudreau Fired By Washington Capitals

Just some NHL news to get your day started today. According to reports, the Washington Capitals have fired head coach Bruce Boudreau and have replaced him with Dale Hunter.

In a world where the Columbus Blue Jackets have only managed six wins, the New York Islanders play continues to deteriorate and the Anaheim Ducks are sitting last in their division it's surprising Washington had made the next coaching change.

UPDATE: I forgot about the St. Louis Blues who made a coaching change earlier this year, so the Capitals are the second team.

There were, however, troubling signs from the Capitals. The Rangers played the Capitals on Friday night and won in convincing fashion, 6-3. The Capitals had amassed a 12-9-1 record in their first 22 games and there were whispers that the team (read: Alex Ovechkin) were blocking him out.

Make sure to check out SB Nation's fantastic Capitals blog, Japers Rink, for more on the subject.

For now, however, it's a buzzing start to the day in the hockey world. Thoughts on the move guys?