New York Rangers Unveil Winter Classic Jersey

1128-nyr-wc12unveil_medium

The New York Rangers have formally unveiled their uniforms for the 2012 Bridgestone Winter Classic. The jerseys will officially go on-sale on December 5th, the night the Rangers host the Toronto Maple Leafs at MSG. They will also be available to purchase from the official NHL Store, and via NHL.com on their online shop.

At first glance, I think this jersey hits all aspects of the Winter Classic. First off, the throwback logo on the front of the jersey really brings out the history in the Rangers. I like the fact that the Rangers kept some of the modern striping on the jersey as well. The arm stripes look the exact same as the current Heritage jersey. Also, the striping on the top resembles the current Rangers away jersey as well.

According to Henrik Lundqvist, he will be sporting a new mask specially for the Winter Classic. He said it will have a vintage "feel" and look as if it's "been in the closet for 40 years." I'm actually really excited to see this mask, Henrik has had some great looking masks over the last few years.