New York Rangers Prospect Jesper Fasth Is Seriously Injured

There were no pictures of Jesper Fasth, so enjoy this photo of Andrew Yogan!

The New York Rangers sixth round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft was seriously injured in an HV-71 game last night. There is a video of the injury, and for our viewers sake, we want to warn everyone before watching it. On the play, Fasth gets tied up with an opponent, falls awkwardly which results in his leg/ankle to twist painfully.

Screaming in pain, Fasth had to be escorted off the ice via stretcher. Fasth suffered a badly fractured foot, and will most likely miss some serious time because of the injury. The head coach of the HV-71 club didn't sound too optimistic, stating "He’ll be gone for quite some time," after seeing the footage.

This could seriously hinder the development of Fasth, as he will likely need an extended period of time to recover. According to multiple sources, Fasth was starting to improve and was playing great hockey up until his injury. If you wish to view the video, it will be available after the jump.

*** Warning: Video is not pleasant to watch ***