New York Rangers Need To Remain Consistent Over Next Couple Games

NEW YORK - OCTOBER 31: Derek Stepan #21 of the New York Rangers is congratulated by his teammates for his goal in the first period against San Jose Sharks at Madison Square Garden on October 31, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Chris Trotman/Getty Images)

It seems as if John Tortorella has finally found his producing lines. It was a big reason for the success they had, against the San Jose Sharks Halloween night. The talent is spread out among all four lines now as well.

Marian Gaborik is paired with Wojtek Wolski and Derek Stepan, which definitely helped them improve. Stepan notched an assist, and Wolski tallied two assists on the night. The second line consists of Brad Richards, Ryan Callahan, and Brandon Dubinsky. I honestly think this line has been outstanding so far. They cycle the puck down low, and get into the open areas of the ice.

This line was clearly evident as well against the Sharks, in which Callahan tallied two goals. Now with the same lines being kept intact tonight, the Rangers need to continue their success.

Follow after the jump for more.

Now that all four lines are finally on the same page, they can move forward to the next step in the process, consistency. The Rangers have the chance to go on a solid winning streak over the next few games, that is of course if they continue to play like they did against the Sharks.

It's also worth mentioning that the Rangers power play has also improved over the last few games. The Rangers scored six power play goals, on 24 chances over the last six games. While it could be a tiny bit better, it is still a great improvement from the start of the season.

With all the said, the Rangers have all the pieces in place to get some solid wins over the next few games. However, it remains in the players hands on their consistency.