Bantering Points: Communication And Success

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 29: John Mitchell #34 of the New York Rangers celebrates scoring against the Pittsburgh Penguins at Madison Square Garden on November 29, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Nick Laham/Getty Images)

The new additions to the New York Rangers have already helped the team win three important games consecutively, two against division rivals, and one against rival Washington Capitals.

Carl Hagelin and John Mitchell, both promoted and playing on the same line, each have one goal and two assists in their time with the Rangers.

The success behind the duo is a large part due to the strong communication between the two. When talking about his goal on MSG, Mitchell said that he talked to Hagelin previously about using his speed to draw the defense, then passing to an open Mitchell for the goal.

The situation presented itself in last night's win over the Pittsburgh Penguins, and John Mitchell was not about to let it slip.

Mitchell made sure Hagelin knew to pass:

Mitchell on how loud he yelled at Hagelin to pass him puck on his goal: "Pretty loud."

Hopefully the two can continue the communication and success.

In other news:

-Mitchell received The Broadway Hat.

-John Tortorella isn't ready to call the Rangers an elite team.