Late Night New York Rangers News: Bobby Ryan Trade "Imminent," Henrik Lundqvist Makes A Twitter

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 03: Bobby Ryan #9 of the Anaheim Ducks handles the puck as Ryan McDonagh #27 of the New York Rangers defends on November 3, 2011 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

Lots of news breaking tonight, so let's take a look.

CSN's John Boruk is reporting that a Bobby Ryan trade is imminent, and that the Rangers are the front runners to acquire the winger.

A source close to the situation tells me a Bobby Ryan trade is imminent. Talks have been ongoing for weeks.

The "talks have been ongoing for weeks" immediately piqued my interest, as the rumors have not been swirling for weeks. One has to wonder if Glen Sather has Bob Murray's number on speed dial.

On that note, I wonder (worry) if Carl Hagelin's promotion had anything to do with the possibility of a Bobby Ryan trade. I do not believe so, as it seems the move was sparked by Andre Deveaux's suspension, but it isn't insane to think so.

Since we're all talking hypothetical deals here, I'll offer my best guess: If the Rangers get him it will be Brandon Dubinsky, Pavel Valentenko, one of Brian Boyle, Mats Zuccarello, Wotjek Wolski, Christian Thomas, or Ryan Bourque, and a pick for Ryan.

The Ducks seem to be eager to rid themselves of Ryan, and Sather has a tendency to steal away players from other teams. Stay tuned.

In other news, Henrik Lundqvist has created a twitter!