New York Rangers News: Sean Avery Will Dress Against Montreal Canadiens

Recently recalled Sean Avery was a healthy scratch in the New York Rangers' shootout victory over the Anaheim Ducks Thursday night. That decision wasn't much of a surprise, with John Tortorella citing he didn't want to change the lineup after the most complete victory of the season.

That decision will also change Saturday night when the Rangers take on the Montreal CanadiensAndrew Gross has confirmed that Avery will start. Gross also says Wojtek Wolski, who injured his groin against the Ducks, will definitely be out Saturday and that Mike Rupp will undergo arthroscopic surgery next week.

That's a plethora of injuries for the Rangers, who are still without Marc Staal for an unknown period of time.

The good news for Avery is that the injuries have opened up a path for him to play and prove he blongs with the big club.

More news when we have it guys. Thoughts on all this?