FanPost

Speculation: How serious is Wolski's injury?

Wojtek Wolski has had some groin issues lately that aren't going away. He's been "in the tub", putting heat on it, and resting it. However, somehow he keeps re-injuring it. Its been an ongoing problem with him and it starting to make me worry.

Im no doctor but I have had my fair share of injuries over the years. I always had groin problems and I know how annoying a groin injury can be. Last year, while snowboarding, I jumped off a 15 foot cliff, kind of flew back and felt like I pulled my groin. I ended up riding for the next week and then took 2 weeks off after that to rest it. The next time I went out I stretched out in my house and got in the car for a 2 hour drive with my friends to the mountain. When we got there, I couldn't get out of the car and when I did, I couldn't stand up straight. I spent the half of the day fighting through the pain and the other half sitting by the fire-pit like a softy because I was in so much pain.

I came to the decision that I should probably go see a doctor. He sent me for an MRI and at 19 years old I was already dealing with hip problems. I was diagnosed with a Torn Labrum in my hip that would eventually require surgery based on how much I can deal with the pain. Recovery from surgery usually takes about 3 months minimum. I never got the surgery done because it was not possible to do it during the semester and than in the summer I already had tickets booked to Europe. Now when I play hockey and soccer (we will see how snowboarding goes this year) I sometimes don't feel it at all, and other times it just kills me.

Enough about my situation.

What I am getting at is that Im worried Wolski might be dealing with something similar. Torn Hip Labrums are a rather new diagnosis in the medicine world. Athletes who have had surgery on it are players such as Tim Thomas, Ryan Kesler, A-rod and probably in the near future there will be more cases of this since surgery is a good option now that doctors are getting more experienced with it.

I wish him the best and I know the guys got some nasty skill (oh if only he can put it all together on a consistent basis) so Im hoping Im wrong and its just a slight groin pull.

But reading NHL.com this morning and having Torts say he's out indefinetly really makes this a possibility.

Don't tell me I didn't warn you.