FanPost

What We've Come From

I recently stumbled upon this clip on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQQSQM2VkDo. This clip is Eric Lindros' first game back in Philly as a member of the Rangers. Why does this matter? Well what struck me was the roster NYR had back then. Literally spare parts all bunched up into one. A nightmare of a lineup. Also, that clip really reminds just how much I really hate the Flyers and how intense the rivalry is.

Which brings me to this. As much as we all hated Sather for the moves he did you have to admit we've come a very long ways from that 01-02 seasons lineup. Could you believe there are more players on the NYR roster now that were drafted by the Rangers than ever before in recent memory? Sure Sather has made some really terrible mistakes but he is really making up for it. Everyone now must be very happy with Ryan Mcdonagh, and how well he's performing. Well we should all thank him for even getting rid of Gomez at all.

We might not win a cup in Sather's era but we are becoming damn more competitive by the year which is truly the only thing that you can ask out of ownership and your general manager. Because right now they are putting the product on the ice it's just a matter of the players performing. But you couldn't say 10 years ago NYR was putting the product on the ice at all. We're a different kind of franchise now and that's for the better, and we all have to give credit to slats for the work he's done the past few years making us competitive.