Rangers Vs. Jets: Rangers Win Fourth Straight Against Winnipeg Jets

The New York Rangers extended their win streak to four with a 3-0 win over the Winnipeg Jets. Marty Biron had a solid, solid game between the pipes, and recorded his first shutout as a New York Ranger. He faced a total of 23 shots, and some of them weren't that easy.

With about nine minutes left in the first period, there was a mad scramble in front of Marty Biron. Biron made the initial save, and Artem Anisimov made a HUGE play blocking three shots with his skates to keep it out of the net. Biron stated after the game that Anisimov "saved the game" with that big play.

The Rangers were sent to their second power play of the night, off a penalty coming from Andrew Ladd. Derek Stepan would eventually score off a nice cross ice feed from Michael Del Zotto. Del Zotto has gradually been improving game by game. His offensive abilities really show when he is back there on the power play.

Follow after the jump for more.

The Rangers would have an extended 5-on-3 power play early in the third period. Although they did not score, there was a hand of full of chances that Ondrej Pavelec turned away. Derek Stepan has unbelievable vision, and his passing shows it. Anisimov lead Stepan and Marian Gaborik on a 2-on-1, and Stepan threaded the needle to get Gabby his first of the game.

At the rate Stepan has been producing assists wise, he can easily be a 50+ assist player. In the final minute, with the goaltender pulled, the Winnipeg Jets applied a ton of pressure. The Rangers had difficulty getting out of their zone for some time, until Marian Gaborik was able to flip the puck into the empty net. Gaborik tallied his second goal of the night, along with his seventh goal of the season, and team leading 13th point.

Overall, it wasn't the greatest of games, both teams came out sloppy. However, both teams were playing their second game in two nights. The Rangers had a solid third period, which helped preserve the win. Marty Biron won his third game of the season, and is currently undefeated.

The Rangers will have some time off, and head out to Ottawa to take on the Senators this Wednesday.

Here are your 3 stars of the game, along with tonight's recipient of the Broadway Hat.