Breaking News: New York Rangers Trade Tomas Kundratek to the Washington Capitals For Francois Bouchard

The New York Rangers struck a deal with the Washington Capitals today, not to get another defenseman, but to deal one away.

Tomas Kundratek, 21, has been dealt to the Capitals for Francois Bouchard, 23.

Bouchard is well known for his 2006-2007 season in the QMJHL, in which he notched 125 points. The Capitals drafted Bouchard 35th overall in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

Francois Bouchard, the younger brother of Pierre-Marc Bouchard, is a lefty shooting right winger, and last played for Hershey. (AHL) In Hershey this season, Bouchard has not scored, and has a plus minus of -4. Bouchard has not played in the NHL yet, other than pre-season games.

Kundratek, selected 90th overall in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, will head to Washington in the deal, a move I am not too happy about. While Kundratek likely won't become more than a second or third line defenseman, I am never a fan of trading with conference rivals.

The Rangers lost defense depth, but gained forward depth. Do you like the move?