Rangers Vs. Sabres: Rangers Get Win Number 2,500 With 4-1 Victory Over Buffalo Sabres

The New York Rangers were finally able to reach their 2,500th win tonight, with a 4-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres. The Rangers came out strong, and played a full sixty minute game. Marty Biron has a solid game in net once again to preserve the lead. Carl Hagelin has his best game of the season tonight, notching two goals with one of them being shorthanded.

The first period was a strong one for the Rangers as they out shot the Buffalo Sabres 15-9, but were unable to find the net. The game would remain tied at 0-0 after the first period of play. In the second period, Ryan Callahan would take a hooking penalty at the 16:18 minute mark of the second period. Carl Hagelin would find the back of the net for a shorthanded goal, off a great wrist shot that beat Jonas Enroth high.

Steve Eminger made the great pass out to Hagelin, who finished it off. Just a minute later, Thomas Vanek was able to tie the game on a low slap shot, that just got by under the pad of Martin Biron. As if one shorthanded goal wasn't enough, Ryan Callahan scored on a highlight reel goal to put the Rangers up 2-1 later in the second.

Follow after the jump for more.

Ryan Callahan was somehow able to fight off the Sabres defenseman whilst skating backwards. He used his magic to find an opening between the legs of Enroth for the goal. In the third period, Ranger fans began to experience some deja vu when Carl Hagelin notched his second goal of the evening. Remember it was Derek Stepan who recorded a hat trick in his first NHL game in Buffalo last season.

The player started with Marty Biron making a quick outlet pass to Michael Del Zotto. Del Zotto realized the Sabres were committing to a change, he quickly hit Hagelin with a breakout pass, and he finished it with a slap shot. After being benched for a short time, and making a turnover that lead to the Buffalo goal, Marian Gaborik was able to rebound with a goal.

John Mitchell made a great little chip pass over the Gaborik who absolutely ripped a slap shot over the glove of Enroth for his first of the night. The goal would seal up the victory for the Rangers, who were able to break their mini two game skid.

Marty Biron has a solid, solid game tonight in net for the Rangers, turning away 32 of 33 shots he faced tonight. The Rangers will head back to MSG tomorrow evening to face-off against the Florida Panthers, starting at 7:30 PM. With that said, here are tonight's three stars of the game, and the recipient of the Broadway Hat!