FanPost

I wonder when........

As my screen-name on this blog suggests, I am a rather big fan of one netminder Mr. Lundvist. That being said I have always tried to be objective about his place in the pantheon of elite goaltenders in the NHL. What I want to know is this. When the hell are the guys at the NHL Network sportsdesk going to bring up his name in their little Vezina conversations? When!??!? Its always Pekka Rinne and Tim Thomas; I swear Kevin Weekes harbors a little bit of resentment beneath that super-bubbly exterior of his. He does his goalie installments and, while I haven't paid attention in recent weeks, he never seems to give proper props to the King. I wonder if any of the NHL Network guys heard Joe Micheletti's anecdote from the Rangers Panthers telecast earlier tonight? Ya know, the one where he recounts asking coach Kevin Dineen what aspect of the Rangers is the toughest to play against? And Kevin Dineen replies - and I quote - "The New York Rangers have the best goaltending in the National Hockey League." Well you know Kevin Dineen wouldn't say that lightly; and you know he is not the only person who feels this way. So when are these anti-Ranger, anti-New York, pro-PenguinsCapitalsPredatorsBruins dingleberries going to give Henrik Lundqvist his due? If the Rangers climb the mountain this season or the next; I wonder what kind of respect they will garner from these media guys up there? Because his stats speak for themselves. They jump on these bandwagons of these goalies who are hot for stretches; or they are surpirse goalies like Brian Elliot, but they largely ignore Lundqvist, who has strung together about 6 seasons worth of elite level play. Sure the Rangers haven't done it in the playoffs but neither has Pekka f**king Rinne. And Lundqvist has a gold medal to his resume. Does Rinne? Does Thomas? No they do not. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs; the website will not let me out of the HTML view.