The Noon Number: 10

NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 11: Derek Stepan #21 of the New York Rangers celebrates his second goal of the game in the second period with teammates Marian Gaborik #10 and Michael Del Zotto #4 during the game against the Florida Panthers at Madison Square Garden on December11, 2011 in New York City. Rangers defeated the Panthers 6-1. (Photo by Mike Stobe/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers have won two games in a row, and in those two games they have outscored their opponents 10-2.

In those two games the Rangers saw Derek Stepan (two goals and an assist), Michael Del Zotto (three assists), Steve Eminger (a goal and two assists), Marian Gaborik (two goals and an assist), Ryan Callahan (a goal and an assist), Carl Hagelin (two goals), Artem Anisimov (a goal and an assist), John Mitchell (two assists) and even Martin Biron (an assist) hit the scoresheet in a significant way.

In those two wins, the Rangers beat two of the better teams in the Eastern conference by comfortable margins. That says a lot about the way this team is playing right now, and it also said quite about about the way the Rangers' offense is starting to come together as a unit.

In the end, the Rangers are winning complete hockey games. They're playing great defense, getting great goaltending and keeping other teams from gaining any true momentum.

Oh, yeah, the Rangers are scoring quite a bit as well. That helps too.