FanPost

Interesting Read on NHL D-men so far this season

....and it's right up the alley of some of our esteemed colleagues here who deal in advanced metrics.

Now, this one seems a bit simplistic to me, but it's no more or less flawed than any other metric used in player ratings - and it's probably less so because it takes into account a variety of factors.

Those of us who follow the NY Rangers won't be all that surprised at some of the names on the list - although we MAY be a bit shocked at where those names fall among the list.

Go to the Hockey Independent for the read: (link) -> Hockey Independent Top 25 NHL Defensive D-men 2011-12

More after the JUMP

You might also be surprised at where some of the "big names" you'd expect to see (Niklas Lidstrom?) fall out on the list.

There are lies, damned lies, and statistics. You can keep feeding me these kinds of statistics if it continues to mean the Rangers are winning.......