Rangers Vs. Stars: New York Rangers Need To Avoid The Trap Game

The New York Rangers have been playing some great hockey over the last several months. Although, there have been some lag during some points, the Rangers have always found a way to rebound with some big wins. A perfect example is the current two-game winning streak the Rangers currently hold.

After dropping some close games to the Toronto Maple Leafs, and Tampa Bay Lightning, the Rangers came out flying the next two games. They even outscored their opponents 10-2 in the process. Tonight they will face-off against the third place Dallas Stars, which could have trap game written all over it.

Coming off a big 6-1 win over the Florida Panthers on Sunday night, the Rangers need to carry over the momentum. However, the Stars are currently without their starter, Kari Lehtonen, due to a groin injury. While that may take a little pressure off, the Stars are still a solid team, and the Rangers cannot afford to sit back.

Follow after the jump for more.

With all that said, the Rangers need to continue their success and keep up the intensity. The Rangers have been getting a ton of secondary scoring from their defensemen, and second/third line forwards this season. They need to continue to do so, and avoid being trapped into a loss.

Tonight would be yet another step for the Rangers to take this season, as they have already beaten three tough opponents in the East, and two of those being in their division. It will be interesting to see how they respond after coming off of a big win at home.