Rangers Vs. Stars: Keys To The Game

NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 11: Marian Gaborik #10 of the New York Rangers celebrates a second period goal with teammates Steve Eminger #44 and Artem Anisimov #42 during the game against the Florida Panthers at Madison Square Garden on December 11, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Mike Stobe/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers will look to add to their two-game winning streak tonight, against the Dallas Stars. Here are tonight's Keys to the Game!

Capitalize Early: The Dallas Stars will be riding a rookie goaltender between the pipes tonight and will be making his second career start this season. The Rangers have a bad history against rookie and/or back-up goaltenders, however they need to get to this guy quick and early. The Rangers have been an offensive powerhouse over the last two games, outscoring opponents 10-2 in the last two games. The Rangers need to set the tone tonight, and pepper the Stars netminer with everything.

Continue Power Play Success: Last game against the Florida Panthers, the Rangers were able to capitalize twice on the power play, in the 6-1 win. Their power play has slowly improved throughout the last couple games, from the slow start earlier in the season. If the Rangers can draw some penalties tonight, they need to make the best of their chances.

Follow after the jump for more.

Keep The Momentum: The Rangers are coming off of a very impressive 6-1 rout of the Florida Panthers on Sunday evening. They need to carry over the momentum from that night, and continue it. The Rangers have been great with building up confidence from game-to-game, and this one should not be any different.