Bantering Points: The Cameras And Sean Avery

BUFFALO, NY - MARCH 30: John Tortorella, head coach of the New York Rangers stands on the bench against the Buffalo Sabres at HSBC Arena on March 30, 2011 in Buffalo, New York. (Photo by Rick Stewart/Getty Images)

HBO will air the premier episode of 24/7 tonight at 10 PM Eastern time. The New York Daily News and SB Nation, among others, have written about it. Now it's my turn!

Personally, I do not believe the cameras have-or will-have a large affect on the New York Rangers.

While John Tortorella may get extremely frustrated and punch a camera. the Rangers players have kept their eyes on the prize without distraction.

Last night the Rangers lost due to tentative hockey, not cameras watching their every move. The game plan was flawed, and the execution was not spot on.

What bothers me the most is the assumption that the cameras will have an affect on the Rangers, and in an unrelated note, that some are saying the Rangers lost because of Sean Avery sitting.

When the players are on the ice they are playing hockey, not watching the cameras, and John Tortorella is as intense and focused as ever.

Sean Avery plays 6-9 minutes of hockey each night, and while he definitely should be in over Eric Christensen (who has not been absolutely horrendous) we can not know for sure that Avery would have helped the Rangers win, just like we don't know if his absence helped the Rangers win the previous game.

It's silly to me that some attribute wins and losses to one player, a player that only plays 6-9 minutes, but that's what being a fan favorite gets you.