FanPost

Just An Observation

With all these concussions now occurring I don't why the league hasn't changed the simplest thing. Helmets. When I played in high school and now even my helmet always fit not necessarily tight, but it fit me. I see every players chin strap fit ridiculously loose. I mean that's insane. Why don't they do it like the NFL where they have an actual guard on the chinstrap?

That's a good first step I think to avoiding concussions. I mean when Michael Sauer got hit by Phaneuf his helmet flew off. That should never happen.

The next step is to change the dynamic of the helmets themselves and I think Messier mighta been on to something with his ideas for the inside of the helmets with the Messier Project helmets.

Seriously I don't know why the NHL isn't working round the clock to find a way to limit these concussions. It can only help investigating a new helmet even if it brings down concussions by let's just say 20% or reduces the impact to the head.

I know solving concussions fully is unlikely to ever to happen but at least limiting them is a much better option at this point.

Thoughts?