New York Rangers News: Tim Erixon Assigned To Connecticut

The New York Rangers have announced that defenseman Tim Erixon has been assigned to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. Erixon was recalled a few days back as a precaution incase of any sudden line-up changes.

Erixon currently has a goal and twelve assists In thirteen games with the Connecticut Whale this season. Seeing as he is currently a point-per-game players, I can see Erixon getting a late season call-up. With the most recent injury to defenseman Micheal Sauer, John Tortorella may not want to lay his trust on Jeff Woywtika or Anton Stralman.

Erixon also saw some time earlier this season with the New York Rangers, and played some solid hockey. However, his time here was short-lived as Micheal Sauer returned from his shoulder injury rather quickly. I for one would be excited to see him get some time later this season. Look at where the AHL got Carl Hagelin.

Follow after the jump for the official New York Rangers press release.

SB Nation Featured Video