New York Rangers Practice Notes: Tim Erixon Recalled; Injury Updates

RALEIGH NC - JANUARY 29: Eric Staal #12 of the Carolina Hurricanes and Marc Staal #18 of the New York Rangers skate on the ice before the Honda NHL SuperSkills competition part of 2011 NHL All-Star Weekend at the RBC Center on January 29 2011 in Raleigh North Carolina. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers announced today that defenseman Tim Erixon was recalled on an emergency basis. Jeff Woywitka suffered an ankle injury in the Phoenix game on Saturday, and is a game time decision for tomorrow night. Tim Erixon will only be in the line-up if Woywitka cannot play against New Jersey.

Also, Steve Eminger, who suffered a separated shoulder on Saturday as well, will miss 8-10 weeks and Stu Bickel will be in tomorrow night. Tortorella also commented on the status of Michael Sauer, who began light workouts this week. Torts stated that while Sauer has begun workouts again, they will still be without him for quite some time.

Marc Staal also participated in regular team drills today, and is hoping to be cleared for contact in the next few days. This is great news for Marc Staal, and the Rangers as well. It was another huge step in the recovery process for Staal, but concussions are still very unpredictable.