Bantering Points: Grittiness, Guttiness, And The New York Rangers

RALEIGH, NC - DECEMBER 01: Ryan Callahan #24 of the New York Rangers dives to knock the puck away from Jussi Jokinen #36 of the Carolina Hurricanes during play at the RBC Center on December 1, 2011 in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Rangers won, 5-3. (Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images)

There was blood, there were goals, and there was another Rangers victory. The Rangers defeated the Carolina Hurricanes last night 5-3, winning their fourth straight game.

Brian Boyle demolished Jeff Skinner with a hit in the third, and John Mitchell took a slap-shot off the face. Derek Stepan played through an injury one shift after being helped off the ice due to the injury.

Michael Del Zotto played a fantastic game defensively, and Martin Biron fought through 31 shots against to get the win. Overall, the team rallied around the injured players, and won their fourth straight game.

The Rangers are taking the identity of a team that will out work you this season, an identity they wanted to have last season. Every line is producing, something that John Tortorella touched upon.

Torts on balanced scoring: "It's why we're able to sustain some of the momentum."

The Broadway Hat went to Michael Sauer, but John Mitchell trended on twitter. Mitchell joked about his shot block, saying "who wants to block a shot with their face?"

Also, do not forget to send your thoughts about the 1994 season!