Rangers Vs. Devils: Keys To The Game

The New York Rangers will face-off against the New Jersey Devils tonight, in search of their second straight victory. It's going to be a tough divisional match-up tonight at the Prudential Center. However, the Devils will be without their lead scorer, Patrick Elias tonight, as he is ill.

Help Back On Defense: With the recent injury to Steve Eminger, and possibly Jeff Woywitka the Rangers will go into tonight's game with a depleted defensive corp. In other words the Rangers will need help from their forwards in the defensive end to assist on the play. It also means that Dan Girardi and Ryan McDonagh will get an more than normal work load tonight as well.

Keep the Confidence: The Rangers lacked in this category in their losses to the Dallas Stars, and St. Louis Blues. However, against the Phoenix Coyotes they were able to bring back the confidence. Every time they were down, they never gave up, and found a way to fight back. The Rangers need to keep the confidence flowing tonight, and keep the energy high.

Follow after the jump for more.

Hank Has To Be Hank: When Henrik Lundqvist is on his game, he is almost impossible to beat. Tonight will be a night were Lundqvist will have to be on his A++ game. As stated before, the Rangers are already down another defenseman, and possibly two. With some weak bottom pairings in front of him, Hank will be need to aware all night long, especially against a team like the New Jersey Devils.

Be sure to join in the open game thread tonight, starting at 6:30 PM!