New York Rangers News: J.T. Miller Makes USA WJC Roster

NEWARK, NJ - SEPTEMBER 23: J.T. Miller #47 of the New York Rangers skates against the New Jersey Devils during a rookie game at the Prudential Center on September 23, 2011 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers' first round selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, J.T. Miller, got another big boost of confidence today, when he made the final cut of the United States World Junior Championship roster.

Miller has been fantastic in the OHL, compiling 13 goals and 26 assists for 39 points in 31 games. Miller will follow in the footsteps of Rangers' prospects like Derek Stepan and Chris Kreider. Stepan lead the entire tournament they year he played, and Kreider was a constant threat the years he participated.

Now the Rangers will hope Miller, who has grown significantly as a player since he joined the OHL, follows in their footsteps. This is the next step in his development since the WJC is some of the best competition a young player can have at this point in his career. It will be interesting to see how he handles it.

Thoughts on all this guys?