Bantering Points: Everyone Pitching In

The New York Rangers are on a three game winning streak, which they look to extend to four tonight against the Philadelphia Flyers. Madison Square Garden will be the home for the intense battle between the rivals, the last matchup between the two before the Winter Classic.

The Rangers are two points out of first place in the Eastern Conference, a spot that is held by...the Philadelphia Flyers. So, with a win in regulation tonight, the Rangers can tie the Flyers for first place in the East.

What gives?

4m

Lots of votes for Del Zotto, Biron & Dubinsky for the Broadway Hat tonight...stay tuned to find out who wears the hat tonight!

This tweet had me thinking about the number of players that have contributed for the Rangers this season, especially those that were not expected to.

Marian Gaborik bounced back, Brad Richards is excelling, Ryan Callahan is scoring, and Dan Girardi is holding the fort defensively.

Those were expected.

Meanwhile, the likes of Michael Del Zotto, (+19) Carl Hagelin, John Mitchell, and even Martin Biron are stepping up.

Great teams have great depth, and that is why the Rangers are winning so much this season.