Blueshirt Banter Discussion: Would You Have Booed Jaromir Jagr

NEW YORK, NY - DECEMBER 23: Jaromir Jagr #68 of the Philadelphia Flyers has words with Ryan Callahan #24 of the New York Rangers on December 23, 2011 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)

This is another new feature I have been thinking of bringing into the site. Blueshirt Banter Discussion is a post where I will give you guys a question, and you can debate it in the comments. No better time to start than on Christmas Eve right? Anyway, enjoy the new feature.

Friday night the New York Rangers defeated the Philadelphia Flyers 402 in what was probably the most exciting game of the season. But during the game the Madison Square Garden crowd booed former Rangers Jaromir Jagr every time he touched the puck.

So here is your Blueshirt Banter Discussion question of the day: Would you have booed Jagr if you were at the Garden last night? Or, if you were at the game, did you boo him? Why or why not?

Personally, I wouldn't have. Jagr single-handedly pulled the Rangers out of a seven-year playoff drought and put the team back on the map after years of obscurity. Sure, there were other contributing factors to those teams, but Jagr was the star Broadway so desperately needed -- and unlike those who proceeded him, he flourished in the role.

I can understand the frustration with Jagr signing with the Flyers this offseason. But for everything he has done for this organization, I would have given him a standing ovation.

Go ahead and discuss amongst yourselves guys, the floor is yours.