New York Rangers Prospect Update: J.T. Miller Impressing At 2012 IIHF World Juniors

NEWARK, NJ - SEPTEMBER 23: J.T. Miller #47 of the New York Rangers skates against the New Jersey Devils during a rookie game at the Prudential Center on September 23, 2011 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers knew what they were doing when they selected J.T. Miller with their first overall pick in the 2011 Entry Draft. Miller plays a physical style game, can also put the puck in the net and he fits perfectly into the current Rangers system.

J.T. Miller impressed the Rangers brass this past September at the Traverse City Tournament. His success in the Traverse City tournament earned him a spot on Team USA's 2012 IIHF World Juniors roster this past month. In USA's first game they ran all over Denmark in an 11-3 victory, and J.T. Miller came away with the eighth goal of the game.

Miller is constantly improving his play game by game, and it makes the Rangers that much more interested in him. This will be another great opportunity to impress the Rangers brass at an international level before heading back to Plymouth. Thus far, he has done nothing but impress and we will continue to track his progress in USA's next game, tomorrow against Finland.