Breaking News: Tim Erixon Assigned To Connecticut

For those of you that are still up, the New York Rangers announced that they have assigned defenseman, Tim Erixon to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. With the return of Jeff Woywitka from his foot injury he suffered two games ago, Tim Erixon was sent down for some more conditioning.

Erixon played some solid hockey in the two games he was present for. Not to mention, he came right into two big divisional games against the New Jersey Devils, and the New York Islanders and handled himself fairly well. Although, it seems as if John Tortorella believes Erixon needs to work on his game some more, and gain some more experience in the American Hockey League.

While we're on the topic of players returning from injury, Wojtek Wolski is a short time away from returning as well. John Tortorella stated that he wouldn't be making an immediate changes when he returns. What are your guys thought's on all of this?

Also be sure to check out recaps of the Rangers 4-1 loss to the Washington Capitals, and the third episode of HBO's 24/7.