Prospect Update: Christian Thomas Starts Off December With A Five-Point Night

NEWARK, NJ - SEPTEMBER 23: Christian Thomas #58 of the New York Rangers skates against the New Jersey Devils during a rookie game at the Prudential Center on September 23, 2011 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers second round draft pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft had a big night. After a slow start to his season, Christian Thomas had an impressive five points (3 goals, 2 assists), in a 8-4 victory over the Sarnia Sting.

In 19 games this season, Thomas has registered 11 goals, and 9 assists, through 19 games. That makes him just over a point-per-game player this season. Thomas was also forced to miss ten games in November, after he was suspended for a high-sticking incident. That, accompanied by a scoring slump, didn't give Thomas the greatest start to his season.

It's great to see Thomas turn around, and total five points in a single game. That right there, can be a confident booster, and help him turn around the season. While he's not doing terrible, but after a 99 point season there were a lot of high expectation people expected him to reach.