Breaking News: Sean Avery Placed On Waivers (Again)

NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 17: Sean Avery #16 of the New York Rangers looks on against the Washington Capitals in Game Three of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Madison Square Garden on April 17, 2011 in New York City. Sean Avery was arrested in Hollywood in the early hours of August 5, 2011 for battery of a police officer who was reportedly responding to a loud party at his home. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

This afternoon, the New York Rangers have announced that forward Sean Avery has been placed on waivers once again. It seems as if Sean Avery will be on his way back to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League if he goes unclaimed.

Sean Avery has been a healthy scratch for the last handful of games, and it seems as if his spot has been filled once again. Unfortunately, Sean Avery was brought back as a fill-in due to the injury of Mike Rupp earlier in the season. Now that Rupp has returned from his injury, Avery's role has basically diminished.

In his fifteen games with the Rangers this season, Sean Avery totaled up just three goals and zero assists. It will also be interesting to see what management's next move will be with Wojtek Wolski returning from injury within the next week or so.

We will continue to keep you guys updated on the status of Avery. Also be sure to check out Joe's noon number which was just released a short time ago.