FanPost

Some opinions I can't understand.....

I have seen it written here on the Banter by a few people that they would rather have Wojtek Wolski in the lineup than John Mitchell. I have seen these same people say that Mike Rupp is a total waste. I ask you. Do you think a team climbs atop the Eastern Conference with twinkle-toed skaters and finesse players? Teams find success with grit and guts,with boardwork and size - mixed in with the finesse players. And our finesse players have been a lot grittier than such players in our past have been. Gaborik and Hagelin bring a battle level that is necessary to success. Watch what happens if you take Mitchell off his line and bench him. Watch what happens if EC and WW play in favor of Rupp. Did the Washington game teach you nothing? We didn't look big enough against them during that contest; some of you want to make us even smaller and weaker? Why? WW has no place on this team. If Torts gives him a chance to crack the lineup that leash better be shorter than the coach's fuse. We have built our 50 point record with a helluva lot more guts and determination than Wojtek Wolski ever brought to a hockey team, that's for shit sure. Players like John Mitchell, Mike Rupp, hell even Fedotenko, are defensibly responsible and finish their checks. This is why we are where we are!!! Yes you need the Lundqvists and the Gaboriks to fill the net; but without the role players teams go nowhere. Keep Mitchell. Keep Rupp. Trust your Stanley Cup winning coach that "Rupper" is a presence the team needs; he's right. Oust Wolski and oust Christensen. And march on to the playoffs, warriors ------- not bitches.