Blueshirt Banter's New York Rangers Highlight Of The Week

This week's highlight comes from the Carolina Hurricanes game, in which the Rangers took a 5-3 win. Marian Gaborik's goal against Cam Ward gets the nod this week for a variety of reasons. (Click into the story for the full view of the video).

This goal was easily the turning point of the game, which gave the Rangers their first lead of the night. The patience and vision by Jeff Woywitka to make the stretch pass to Anisimov was just amazing. Artem Anisimov also showed his patience as well, on the move, and the eventual pass over to Gabby. Finally, Gaborik with his quick release that beat Cam Ward over the shoulder for the goal.

All three of these players played a large role in the creation of this goal, which is why it was selected as the play of this week.

Follow after the jump for the previous winners.

Week 4: Carl Hagelin's first career NHL goal gives the New York Rangers a much needed two-goal cushion, against the Philadelphia Flyers.

Week 3: Dan Girardi scores off of a brilliant no-look, tape-to-tape pass from Brad Richards to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead over the Carolina Hurricanes.

Week 2: Brad Richards' pass to Marian Gaborik springs the sniper loose for the tying goal in an eventual loss to the New York Islanders.

Week 1: Brad Richards goes top shelf against the Anaheim Ducks to give the Rangers a late equalizer in the third period.