New York Rangers Prospects: J.T. Miller Invited To USA World Junior Camp

NEWARK, NJ - SEPTEMBER 23: J.T. Miller #47 of the New York Rangers skates against the New Jersey Devils during a rookie game at the Prudential Center on September 23, 2011 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers' first round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, J.T. Miller, was invited to the United States World Junior Championship camp yesterday.

Miller has made a big splash in the OHL ranks so far this season, recording 11 goals and 25 assists for 36 points in 29 games for the Plymouth Whalers. It was enough to impress the USA WJC brass, who invited Miller to the camp. The Rangers need to be excited about this, especially after they saw firsthand how it helped along Chris Kreider's development.

Miller has shown a tremendous amount of growth in the OHL and is proving the Rangers' drafting staff made the right choice when they selected him this summer. But the World Junior Championship is a different beast, and it's an opportunity to go up against some of the best young prospects in the world.

How Miller does here might play a big role in his goal to make the Rangers next year out of camp.

Thoughts on this guys?