Bantering Points: Boogaard And Realignment

NEWARK, NJ - FILE: Derek Boogaard #94 of the New York Rangers in action against the New Jersey Devils during a preseason hockey game at the Prudential Center on September 25, 2010 in Newark, New Jersey. The 28-year-old Boogaard was found dead May 13, 2011 in his Minneapolis, Minnesota apartment, according to published reports. Details on his death weren't immediately reported. (Photo by Paul Bereswill/Getty Images)

If you haven't read the NYT feature on Derek Boogaard yet, you really need to. Bryan posted about it here at Blueshirt Banter.

Realignment talk has hit the NHL! Although SportsCenter and ESPN will only spend two minutes discussing it, we care a lot more about the changes.

Joe analyzes how the realignment will affect the New York Rangers here.

Personally, I must admit to being hesitant about the first round being in division only, but I do see how the playoff matchups will become increasingly intense. Imagine playing the Penguins, Flyers, or Capitals two years in a row in the first round? Three years? Intense.

Talking to a few Islanders fans I know (yeah, big mistake, I know) they seemed pretty upset about being in a conference with the Rangers, Penguins, Capitals, Flyers, etc. One has to wonder if this will affect the Islanders chances of a new arena.

Don't forget to contribute your thoughts for the '94 documentary!

Thoughts?