Grachev Returned To CT

With the news that Brandon Dubinsky will likely play tonight, the Rangers returned Evgeny Grachev to the CT Whale (via the AHL transaction log). Grachev was due to be in the lineup tonight, skating with Kris Newbury and Chris Drury. However, with Dubinsky in the lineup, Grachev is better served as playing in the AHL than as a healthy scratch. Grachev was initially called up because the Rangers needed players to fill out the roster with all the injuries. The 20 year old winger played well in his second call up this year, but he is still a little raw, and needs more time to develop into a full time NHL player.