FanPost

Flyers Add Versteeg

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into Philadelphia.....

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have acquired 5-10,190-pound right wing Kris Versteeg from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for a first-round and a third-round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, according to general manager Paul Holmgren.

Read the full release:

Press Release: Kris Versteeg

All Philly had to give up for a guy who helped Chicago to the Cup last year was a 1st and 3rd round pick? Wow.

Give Holmgren credit - this will make the Flyers an even tougher out in the playoffs this year, if they stay healthy and get reasonable goaltending.

This move makes it all the more interesting to see what Glen Sather will do - not that Versteeg would have been a fit with the Rangers - but the forward depth that Philly has is pretty remarkable.