FanPost

Rangers trade for Jared Boll... (Joke)

[NOTE: This FanPost is farcical and intended to be humorous and is not factual, the Rangers haven't traded for Jared Boll]

The NY Rangers have traded a 3rd round pick in the upcoming 20011 entry Level draft for right wing Jared Boll

Boll, 24, recorded four goals and three assists for seven points and 149 penalty minutes in 68 games with the Blue Jackets in 2009-10. He led the club in penalty minutes for the third-straight season and ranked 15th in the NHL in that category.

"We are very pleased to complete this deal and land Jared," Sather said. "Over the past few months some gentleman named  frankiec, has personally requested that I make this deal and quite frankly,  It started to get a bit freaky when he was calling me at 3am in the morning, whispering 'Boll is bolicious' in my ear. But Yesterday when I received a Valentine day strip-o-gram by someone dressed as Jared Boll ( the voice sounded vaguely familiar) I knew I had to pull the trigger or be scarred for life."

Columbus' fourth pick, 101st overall, in the 2005 Entry Draft, Boll has registered 13-18-31 and 555 penalty minutes in 218 career NHL games. He set career highs in assists and points in 2008-09 with 4-10-14 and 180 penalty minutes in 75 games. During his rookie season in 2007-08, he tallied 5-5-10 and 226 penalty minutes to rank second in the NHL in penalty minutes.

Prior to his professional career, the Charlotte, North Carolina native played two seasons with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League. He totaled 47-49-156, 403 penalty minutes and a cumulative plus/minus rating of +16 in 131 career OHL games. In 2005-06, he was named the Whalers' Labatt Blue Collar Player of the Year en route to helping the club win the OHL championship and earn a berth in the Memorial Cup. He also spent two seasons with the Lincoln Stars of the United States Hockey League from 2003-05 and notched 29-32-61 and 470 penalty minutes in 116 games.

SB Nation Featured Video