FanPost

Big News out of Atlanta: Byfuglien signs

This one seems to have broken out all around the internetz this afternoon. Atlanta has apparently seen enough of their first year defenseman to buy out all of Dustin Byfuglien's remaining RFA years and one UFA year. In all, he will have a $5.2M cap hit for five years. Atlanta has the cap room, but yeesh this might make for some bad precedent. I'm ecstatic that Sather already took care of Marc Staal.

Link here:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2011/2/15/1995701/dustin-byfuglien-contract-atlanta-thrashers