Newbury Returned to CT

As expected, Kris Newbury has been returned to the CT Whale this morning. Newbury was initially called up to serve as a replacement for Wojtek Wolski, but Wolski’s ribs were better last night, resulting in Newbury serving as the scratch. Newbury said he was thrilled that he was the first call up for the Rangers due to injury, and he will likely continue to serve as the first call up, should any more injuries arrive. Newbury was acquired for Jordan Owens at last year’s trade deadline, and has been serviceable as a call up this season. In eight games this year, Newbury has an assist, 35 PIMs, and a -2 rating while playing on the fourth line.

SB Nation Featured Video