Several Big Trades Around the League

Tomas Kaberle, one of three new Boston Bruins today.

Seems like GMs around the league got mixed up as to what day the trade deadline was, several deals went down today:

The Toronto Maple Leafs trade Tomas Kaberle to Boston for Boston's 1st round pick in 2011, Joe Colborne, and a conditional draft pick. (note: this is Boston's first-round pick, not Toronto's first round pick that Boston still has from the Kessel trade)

Bob McKenzie
Conditional pick in Kaberle deal: 2nd rounder in 2012 if Kaberle re-signs in BOS or BOS makes Cup final.

Join me for more after the jump...

The Boston Bruins also traded Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart to the Atlanta Thrashers for Rich Peverley and Boris Valabik. This trade frees up the necessary cap space to bring on Kaberle. Peverley's cap hit is $1.325mill, Valabik's is $762,500 but it is unlikely that he will play with the big club, he is an RFA at the end of the year. The combined salary cap of Wheeler and Stuart is $3.875mill.

The Avalanche traded Craig Anderson to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Brian Elliott.

Last night some less significant trades went down: Senators traded Jarkko Ruutu to the Ducks for their 2011 6th round pick. Former Ranger Paul Mara was dealt from Anaheim to Montreal in exchange for the Habs' 2011 5th round pick.

Looks like the rumors of Kaberle coming to the Rangers are mercifully over (for now?), we would have had to pay a very high price to get him. In my opinion we dodged a bullet if that was the asking price for Kaberle. The market has been set very high this season, last year so many trades revolved around 2nd round picks, this year it seems like first round picks are being tossed around like confetti.

Stick-lifts to kmp and 8kpower for pointing out the trades in FanShots, thought we should consolidate them all here for discussion.

For those of you who haven't read George's Analysis of Defensemen the Rangers are rumored to be connected to, you should really give it a read.

UPDATE: Two more deals going down.

Derek Joslin to the Hurricanes for future considerations.

Raleigh NC Buzz
Canes acquire Joslin from Sharks: The Carolina Hurricanes have obtained defenseman Derek Joslin from the San Jose...

Ian White has been dealt to the San Jose Sharks for SJ's 2012 2nd round pick.

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Ian White has been told he is now a San Jose Shark.

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

SJ 2nd rd pick in 2012 in exchange for Ian White. CAR now has budget space to add another piece.

BREWER TO TAMPA UPDATE:

Defensive D-man Eric Brewer is headed to Tampa Bay for a pick and a prospect. The prospect is reportedly Brock Beukeboom (Beuke's kid for those of you who aren't aware) and a 3rd round pick

Bob McKenzie
STL's Eric Brewer has agreed to waive his NTC to go to TBay. Deal will be completed shortly.
Darren Dreger
Brewer to TB for a pick and a prospect. No roster players

More updates as they become available...