Rangers Recap: Devils Shutout Rangers 1-0, Chico's Heart Filled With Glee

NEWARK NJ - FEBRUARY 18: Goalie Henrik Lundqvist #30 of the New York Rangers makes a save during the second period of an NHL hockey game against the New Jersey Devils at the Prudential Center on February 18 2011 in Newark New Jersey. Devils won 1-0. (Photo by Paul Bereswill/Getty Images)

Sorry for the short recap, but let's face it, not much to say in a 1-0 game, and I'm in the middle of moving this weekend, so I had to catch the game on the DVR.

The Devils got a goal from Ilya Kovalchuk in the second period, and Johan Hedberg made it stand up as the Devils defeated the Rangers 1-0 at the Prudential Center in Newark tonight. Kovalchuk's goal came after a miscue by Marc Staal.

Rangers made life pretty easy for Hedberg, mustering just fifteen shots on goal, and none on a power play in the third with Kovalchuk in the box for high sticking Wojtek Wolski.

The only thing I hate more than losing to the Devils is having to suffer through it on the Devils feed. Chico Resch is hands down the worst announcer in hockey, and quite frankly I'm not sure how someone who seems to see so little of what goes on on the ice still have a job. When Kovalchuk high-sticked Wolski in the face, Chico said "Well I guess you could call it high-sticking if you have to." I literally almost put a hole in my wall. He is a clueless homer.

Not much else I can say, have at it in the comments.

For more on the game, check out the Rangers vs Devils recap from TSN