FanPost

MDZzzzzzzz

In a sort of continuation from my post yesterday on "When can we Contend" I addressed the big question of whether MDZ will is our #1 offensive blueliner and if he can run the PP.

I think last night gave us further direction in search of those answers.

As of right now that answer is a big fat no.

He makes poor decisions defensively AND offensively. The defense part you can almost live with if his offensive game was over powering the defensive lapse. But that's not happening. He is a poor QB qt this stage. Does not have a shot that is to be respected. Can't keep the puck in. When he does lead the rush from his blueline, more times that not he does not make the good play so that we can recover and setup.

I understand that he is VERY young and these are high expectations. So the next question is can/will he develop into those things? That is not a question any of could answer. That is for the experts.

If they believe that answer is yes, that what do they need to do?

A full season in AHL for him?

Get someone to fill that gap in the meantime because no well in hell we do any damage in the playoffs with a PP like that?

Suck it up and just deal with it? Does that damage his development? It's not a great position to be in to go out and fail every game.

I gotta say I'm leaning to sending him back to Hartford and LEARN! He is a big part of our future but his future may never get here if he continues on this path. If he does not develop into those projectiosn, we really need to start looking for someone that can on a long term basis. And that might mean trading some assets. I really don't think you can ever really contend without some offensive power from the backline and a respected power play.

Problem is it might still be to early to make that determination where he will wind up so do you go out and spend some type of asset to get a stop-gap or do you save all your ducks to make that really big trade?

Not an easy decision and one that will really impact the future of the team. More so that no #1 center in my mind.

your thoughts?