Fedotenko Having Appendix Removed

In some rather startling news, Peter Botte is reporting that injured winger Ruslan Fedotenko is having his appendix removed today. His original time table was to return sometime next week, but with this appendectomy (which I am assuming is an emergency appendectomy) he will be out for 3-4 weeks. It is unlikely he will return before the trade deadline now. Hope the surgery goes well.