FanPost

Trade Deadline

Well this is my 1st post on this blog, I am new here. Only 16 years old, but I've been watching hockey since about 7 or 8 years old and when my dad took me to the Garden when I was 12, I was amazed at the atmosphere and quickly turned into a Ranger fan. Now I can see we have a bright future with a core of Dubinsky, Stepan, Callahan, Boyle, and a young defense. I personally did not think we would be a playoff contender this season, but here we sit in 6th place after the All star break. I really like what Tortarella is doing with the young guys, a more laid back approach. (At least of what we see) I wanted to know some of your opinions on what Sather could do at the deadline. I DONOT want to see him trade away our young core players just to get a bomber from the blue line for the PP. However, I do feel that with King Henrik in net, anything can happen if we get in. I really like the way this team plays and I think its perfect for the playoffs, grinding it out. If we get in we wont be beat because of lazy play... I believe if Gaborik does return to the Gaborik we know then we do have a shot to get to at least the 2nd round, but the PP really needs to start working!!! Throw Boyle in front of the next and fire away!! I do feel the Lightning and the Flyers may give us trouble.. What do you guys think??