FanPost

Don't Worry Rangers Fans: Chris Neil Doesn't Want To Be A Ranger!!

Ok so you've probably seen the post on the front page stating that the Rangers are interested in Chris Neil. Which is probably true considering that tried to sign him 2 years ago. But he decided to stay with Ottawa instead.

So the Rangers are interested, ok, but Neil has a partial NTC in which he can name 10 teams he doesn't want to get traded to. Well TSN found out who those 10 teams are and here is a video of them discussing it:  http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip420675#clip420675  .. Sorry but you're going to have to copy and paste the link.. (SPOILER: The Rangers are one of the ten)

It is quite clear that he would like to stay in a small mark which explains why the Rangers, Isles, Devils, Ducks and Kings are on his list. All big market teams. Not sure why Buffalo is on it but it doesn't matter.

Now of course Neil has stated that he would like to stay with Ottawa(just like Philips did) but the Senators are at the bottom of the league with no chance of makings the playoffs. They're currently going through a fire sale which has seen long time Sens Chris Kelly and Mike Fisher get traded for top draft picks. They have also traded Jarko Ruutu and Goalie Brian Elliott. Neil wants to stay but he was upset about his best friend(supposedly) Mike Fisher getting traded. So it is unclear what the Sens will do with him.

This originated from an article by Jesse Spector who does great work so I'm not trying to say he's wrong. It is likely that the Rangers are interested in Neil. The fact is that based on this list, he doesn't want to come here.

Now I'm not 100% sure of this but I'm guessing that a partial NTC is just like a regular NTC in that, the Sens could still work out a deal with the Rangers and if one is made with one of the teams on his list, they would have to ask Neil to waive his NTC. But again I'm not sure of that.

So this should be good news for most Rangers fans considering most of us would like to see Neil stay far, far away from Rangers Blue.

You can follow me on Twitter @NYRangers365!!