Gaborik Has a Concussion

Breaking News: Marian Gaborik is out with no timetable for his return with a concussion.

Steve Zipay
Gaborik concussion. Torts not sure when it happened. Probably not this game
Steve Zipay
Torts: He's been off

New York Rangers star right winger Marian Gaborik has a concussion. He left the game today after the first period and didn't return. Gaborik hasn't been himself lately, this might very well be the reason why. Gaborik has 17 goals and 21 assists in 46 games this year for the Rangers, which puts him second in points on the team behind Brandon Dubinsky. There is no doubt that the Rangers will miss him and his offense in the home stretch. There is no timetable on his return. The team is expected to make a call-up from the Connecticut Whale.

Andrew Gross
Tortorella says no timetable on Gaborik, not sure when it happened, doesn't think it was in this game. Says there will be a call-up.
Jesse Spector
Concussion for Gaborik. Said he didn't feel well after first period. Tortorella unsure when injury happened.

What this means for the team here in the home stretch is unknown right now. Will the Rangers have to become buyers instead of holding steady like they have been with the trade deadline rapidly approaching? Will the club go after some secondary scoring? We'll have to wait and see what unfolds.

We'll provide you with more details as they become available.