FanPost

We should stand pat......and deal with it.

               Okay so let me start off I'm no different than any other Ranger fan. I'm sick and tired of these "Hard Fought" games and getting nothing but disappointment from them. It just goes to show you that we are not ready for the post season run just yet. The thing that has been bothering the most is everyone wanted a youth movement, to allow our kids to develop and run the team. Well now they are, but I'm starting to see and hear people talking about trading away the core players just to make it to the playoffs??? Doing such a thing would be counter-productive to what we are doing now. So what we don't have dominating first round picks tearing through the ranks of the NHL and showing that there is a Cup in the next 2 years. I'm a firm believer that we are still at least 3 to 5 years away.Just because of all the problems we've had as a team does not mean we throw in the towel and revert to the team of the past, aging players with no future. Don't just start trading away guys because we didn't make the playoffs 2 years in a row. Let our guys continue to grow, allow the team to fill out and work through it.

                For anyone willing to read on, look at the talent we have growing outside of the Rangers. Look at Krider and Thomas, both of them are enjoying very productive years are far as points go. Imagine if those 2 are able to translate their respective skill to the NHL level and continue to grow. You have 2 very young and talented players that will only add to the impressive core we have now. Looking at the Rangers team now you have 2 very good defense men who are going to be great for us in Sauer and McDonagh. It will take time for our players to mature and become dominating players in their respective rights.

                 I would also like to add that we have been plagued with injuries and a very ineffective super star this year. Yes we did have a pretty good month of January despite all of our injuries and may be tough now, but this happens to every team. Look at some of the best teams in the league, they are all dealing with injuries to key players. Tonight we lost Gaborik to a concussion which no one seems to know when it happened, but why Gaborik was playing at all is the question i want answered the most. But who knows, we've played better when Gaborik is out so maybe this will help us in the long run. Yeah we got a tough 20+ games to play but, lets not jump the gun and let go of all who have made this team what it is and allow it to give us what we want, The Stanly Cup.