Deadline Passes, Rangers Acquire John Mitchell from Leafs

Don't know the details, that's all I got.

We'll talk about it tonight on Blueshirt Banter Radio at 8 PM

Sounds like its for a 7th round pick.

Update by Nick Montemagno:

In a trade being announced just after the 3 p.m. deadline, TSN reports that the New York Ranger have acquired depth center John Mitchell from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for a 2012 seventh-round pick. Mitchell, age 26, has recorded 2 goals and 1 assist in 23 games played with the Leafs this season. As of late, he has been playing in the AHL, though, with the Toronto Marlies.

My guess is that GM Glen Sather maybe would like to have Mitchell as the team's extra forward as opposed to Kris Newbury. As of now, this is the only move the Blueshirts have made on this rather quiet trade deadline day.